The tactics of Deceit Not Truth – Fear Mongering Not Optimism – I Win Not We Win that President Obama routinely uses in all of his battles with the Republicans has finally been exposed. The play book is repeated again and again. President Obama always plays the role of the knight in shining armor come to rescue America from those dastardly Republicans. Until the Sequester battle, President Obama has been able get away with these not so Presidential tactics. He has been able to do this by counting on his adoring media fans to cover up his litany of deceit and outright lies that he throws out whenever battling his Republican “enemies”.
Than comes Bob Woodward
(the media icon) who called President Obama’s on his over the top rhetoric of blaming the Republicans for the Sequester idea when the Sequester cuts were his idea, not the Republicans. Yes, the Republicans went along with the Sequester cuts but it was not their idea it was President Obama’s idea.
So his distortions of the truth finally came out in the open for all to see. The truth is President Obama has gotten away with distorting and obstucting the truth to achieve his aims almost every time he opens his mouth. For example in President Obama’s Sequester Press Conference today we got another earful of more distortions and deceit from President Obama about the Sequester crisis.
- The cuts the Republicans are proposing ” are even worse” than “laying off teachers, janitors, security jobs and ship builder jobs” and will result in “hundreds of thousands of jobs lost” that will lead to economic disaster. Never mind the impact of the payroll tax, higher gas prices and my EPA and other job killing regulations have on the economy. Thus I cannot agree with what the Republicans are proposing and am forced to go ahead with the disastrous Sequester cuts. But wait a minute just what cuts are the Republicans proposing? “Senate Republicans along with influential conservative commentators are proposing to provide federal agency heads the flexibility they currently lack to allocate the sequesters cuts at their discretion.”
- I am willing to “compromise” and make a “fair deal” with the Republicans in the Sequester battle it is the Republicans who refuse to “do the right thing”. The Sequester Cuts are all their fault not mine.
- The American people voted for a “balanced approach” that is higher taxes.
- The reason the Republicans won’t compromise with me and raise taxes to stop the Sequester is because they are “in a bad mood” but maybe they’ll be in a better mood when they come back from their break when I start brow beating them even more about disaster from the Sequester cuts that is all their fault not my fault.
- The Republican “don’t spend a lot of time about creating jobs” they only talk about deficit reduction and “cutting spending” I am the only one who cares about creating jobs that is why I am blocking the XL Keystone Pipeline and the trillion dollars in revenue that the government would take in if I stopped blocking access to our vast reserves of oil and natural gas.